Today, 90% of the world’s trade is transported through shipping containers (Source: International Maritime Organization) and of the approximately 29 million containers in active circulation, only a small number are connected. Existing procedures for locating containers rely on tracking of trucks, ships and trains along with ports and yards through which these intermodal containers pass. This has created a huge and expensive operational overhead for shipping companies, and a series of disparate silos of data have evolved as a result. With the evolution of Massive Machine IoT, AI and energy harvesting capabilities, Net Feasa is seizing this global opportunity in trusted container connectivity with its IoTPASS™ solution. IoTPASS™ tracks the container providing a single unified data set that is consistent and reliable across the global supply chain.
Taking advantage of several disruptive yet standards based emerging technologies, Net Feasa is introducing a new business model that is sustainable, energy efficient and market driven, overcoming the key barriers to entry for IoT deployments in the Past. This solution offers true visibility and trusted traceability across the supply chain.
Key highlights of IoTPASS™
Business Model: The world’s biggest users of shipping will request that the containers that collect their goods, will be IoTPASS enabled.
Battery life: Current wireless IoT devices use batteries that deplete typically within 12-24 months depending on the reporting period. IoTPASS™ minimises power drain and maximises the use of available energy sources to extend battery life up to the lifespan of the container itself.
Connectivity: IoTPASS™ dynamically selects the lowest cost and most energy efficient connectivity capability.
AI Driven business capabilities & insights: Our sensors will harvest data relating to the container’s environment (context aware), and using Machine Learning revel unique insights e.g., Energy Efficient Geo-location, door open/close, estimated weight etc.
Massive Machine: IoTPASS™ is an out of the box, low operational cost IoT solution.
Key functionality of IoTPASS™
• Tracks & monitors the container globally in real time.
• Cognitive Core: Full Lifecycle control, Flexible Billing & Security.
• Net Feasa can make this real time data available to the existing platforms.
• Better manage the location and availability of empty containers.
• Detect abnormal door open events (option to alert customers and excise officials).
• Alert shipper to container losses at sea/land.
• Store Electronic Bill of Lading to help expedite customs clearance.
• Network congestion detection & improvement (AI to improve messaging transmission success rate and device transmit energy efficiency).
• Confirm detention and demurrage times from carriers.
• Know when a container has been offloaded during transhipment.
• Track container from manufacture to end of life recycling to meet environmental sustainability goals and also store; ID, colour, age, maintenance history etc. parameters.