As a key contributor on a small agile development team, you will use your experience, technical skills
and innovation insight to apply the latest technology advances to solve real-world problems. You will
be responsible for the mechanical design and development of game-changing new products and will
collaborate with the cross-functional team, suppliers, and manufacturing partners to successfully take
your designs from concept to mass production with utmost care and attention to detail.
• Design IoT device enclosures and subsystems for function, reliability, human factors,
manufacturability, thermal management, cosmetic and environmental requirements. Select
appropriate materials and components for individual use cases.
• Collaborate with the cross-functional team and global manufacturing suppliers to take
products from concept to production.
• Build and troubleshoot prototypes, analyse results of reliability testing, iteratively improve
the design, and bring to mass production.
• Create, publish and maintain detailed technical documentation (e.g. 3D CAD and 2D drawings)
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Design in a related field, or equivalent
• 5 years of experience with IoT product (or similar) design & development including cross
functional engagement with related engineering disciplines, operations, and manufacturing
• Competent with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) tools, tolerance analysis, and
structural/thermal analysis tools.
• Experience with the mechanical design of plastic and metal components, incorporating
electromechanical assemblies such as printed circuit boards (PCB), batteries, solar panels,
connectors etc as well as related manufacturing and fabrication techniques, including rapid
prototyping and 3D printing.